So this weeks:
- I packaged for #Guix : openctm, libfreenect, python-libfreenect, opencv-libfreenect, lib3ds and starting the packaging of Meshlab (it's already done but there's an issue upstream).
- I added a simple --list-formats functionality to #guix describe
- I coded a JSON encoder for @chibischeme
I'm doing a lot of free software these days.
Problem: I need money for a laptop (and for lunch and stuff).
⛔ Incognito mode and private tabs don't make your browsing activity private, despite misleading language.
Your ISP and anybody watching your connection will still see the sites you visit.
Get real privacy: use Tor Browser.
Let's say that you are a big organization and you are going to name your new cool cross platform UI framework.
The chosen name conflicts with another open source framework for the same purpose.
1. You did not perform a web search before naming
2. You did, you found it, and said "who cares?"
It would be really cool if I could auto-provision a new VPS from an #ansible playbook. Then I could could start a complete service with one command. Someone must have done this already with the API from Digitalocean or some other provider. Does anyone know how to set that up?
The PeerTube content bootstrap fund:
Personal Pledge to Keep Mastodon Not Shitty.
1. Post no distractions. Our time is so short, and so much to do. Each thing I write should aim to make others better off.
2. Ignore shock and flash. Support quiet voices of value. Don't reward outrageous, it breeds more outrage.
3. Reply for the better. Don't pander. Don't doggie-pile on dissenters.
4. Assume humanity, prepare for trolls. I might not see the harm I do. Others don't see how they are perceived. Remain aware of others' intentions.
Announcing the SourceHut project hub 🎉
I don't usually explicitly ask for shares, but this is a big deal for SourceHut - the project hub solves one of our major goals for the alpha. Please help spread the word ❤️
@geekgonecrazy Great degoogling post Aaron 😀
About email... We talked about dockerized solutions befora and I'm trying mailcow for now, but I want something more simples, so I think I will make my own!
I have suggestion about notes and photos: crypt.ee , I'm using right now and it's good, but it's not self hosted and can't share photos, if you find a good solution let me know :)
For contacts and calendar there's etesync.. it's great, take a look!
Decentralize.Today is now also accessible via tor
Does anyone know of a multiplatform productivity tool that is FOSS, has a self hosted or paid server, and would work well for grocery lists? I want the wife to be able to write the list on a laptop, sync it, and then I pull it up on Android. Tried Joplin, tried Notable.
The closest I got was EteSync but it is not very intuitive for her. Am I going to have to get to writing my own tool? Thanks in advance everyone. Hope you are well!
Linux | Open Source | Web Development | Libre.cx maintainer
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!